Senior Functional Safety R&D Engineer
RemoteMaadi, Al Qāhirah, EgyptEngineering
- Manage/Contribute in hazard and risk analyses and functional safety concept ensuring compliance with ISO 26262.
- Analyze top level events & safety goals and their associated FTTIs.
- Manage/Contribute in technical safety concept & safety mechanisms formulation.
- Specify technical safety requirements as needed..
- Lead/participate in safety analysis activities (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.).
- Lead/perform dependent failure analysis, analysis for coexistence and ASIL decomposition decisions.
- Lead/perform safety requirements testing activities as needed.
- Perform components & tools qualification.
- Perform peer reviews for safety artifacts for other colleagues.
- Participate/perform functional safety assessment, audits & reviews.
- Ensure integration of functional safety activities within project activities.
- Monitor and track defined functional safety KPIs.
- Provide support, coaching and training to product teams to ensure relevant functions are aware of the required safety activities.
- Develop safety analysis reports.
- Develop product safety cases.
- Maintain Avelabs quality standards for project's deliverables.
- Coach & provide training for entry-level colleagues in the department.
- Highlight opportunities that can increase the scope of the current project tasks.
- Handling challenging customer and other project stakeholders communications.
- Mastering PM tools and techniques within the scope (e.g., Agile project cycle and effort estimation techniques).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in automotive product development (preferably in safety related products).
- University degree in Computers, Communication or Electronics Engineering.
- Excellent command of the English language (Written and Spoken).
- German language is a plus.
- Knowledge in ISO26262 & Automotive SPICE is required.
- Familiarity with automotive product development processes.
- Excellent understanding of automotive safety concepts.
- Analytical - Problem solving skills.
- Experience with analysis methods such as FTA, FMEA & FMEDA is required.
- Familiarity with Agile & Scrum practices.
- Organized & Detail Oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Autonomous and self directed.